|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Ben Hunt, from Epsilon Theory, on corruption in finance & tech
• @EpsilonTheory (Twitter)
• Sacrifice for Thee, Vast Wealth for Me (Ben Hunt, Aug 25, 2020): "Doug Parker, American Airlines CEO and Chairman of the Board, wrote a letter to his employees today that pretty much defines high-functioning sociopathy."
• Facebook Delenda Est (Ben Hunt, Aug 20, 2020)
• The Grifters, Chapter 1 – Kodak (Ben Hunt, July 30, 2020)
• The Grifters, Chapter 2 - N95 Masks (Ben Hunt, Aug 11, 2020)
• Tech billionaire Marc Benioff wants every CEO to take a 'no layoff' pledge as part of an 8-point plan to deal with coronavirus (Business Insider, March 26, 2020)
• After blockbuster quarter, Salesforce lays off nearly 1,000 employees (MSN, Aug 27, 2020)
• Ben Hunt responds (Aug 27): "No American CEO has sold more stock for more money for a longer period of time than Marc Benioff. No one."
• Edward Ongweso (Aug 31): "Tesla and Apple split their stocks to make them 'cheaper' for individual investors. This caused service outages at multiple major trading platforms. Oh and added over $80 billion in value to the companies. Not a bubble folks. We are not in a bubble." . . . "normal economy at work here"
• How Did the Stock Market Set a New High Every Day Last Week? (Wall Street on Parade, Aug 31): "How long can a frothy bubble last? Much longer than common sense would suggest, especially when the Fed keeps spiking the punch bowl with zero interest rates and trillions of dollars in bailouts. How long can Congress ignore the rigged structure of the stock market? Until Wall Street billionaires are no longer allowed to contribute obscene sums of money to Presidential and Congressional campaign committees."
- - -
YOU CAN STILL DONATE TO WFMU if you want to show support for Techtonic. Thanks.
Check out techtonic.fm for recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Album||Label||Images||Approx. start time|
|Ben Hunt, from Epsilon Theory, on corruption in finance & tech.|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune||Machinarium Soundtrack||No label|
|Mark's intro||0:00:05 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Interview with Ben Hunt||0:12:07 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments after the interview||0:53:09 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Alan Dobson||Nowhere To Hide||Lost Broadcast||Rotary Tower||0:56:59 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|