|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: The Big Tech hearings - and Lisa Macpherson from Public Knowledge
• This is perjury: the Big Tech hearings, summarized, my own take on the hearings
• Video of Big Tech hearings on toxic YouTube - a video showing the Google CEO lying, hosted by Google!
• Lies told by the Big Tech CEOs, on the Washington Post - an article about the owner of the Post lying, hosted by the Post!
• U.S. Code on Perjury
• Tech Companies Report Huge Profits as 40 Million Americans Face Evictions (Vice, July 31). See also Jeff Bezos's one-day gain of $7.6 billion (via Marketwatch).
• @lisahmacpherson - Lisa Macpherson on Twitter
• Public Knowledge
• The game is rigged: A former marketer shows you how Big Tech’s advertising practices harm us all (by Lisa Macpherson in the Seattle Times, July 10)
- - -
YOU CAN STILL DONATE TO WFMU if you want to show support for Techtonic. Thanks.
Check out techtonic.fm for recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|The Big Tech hearings - and Lisa Macpherson from Public Knowledge|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Mark's intro||0:02:23 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Zuck lying to Congress||0:12:03 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Interview with Lisa Macpherson||0:24:01 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Marlon Craft||The Internet Lied|