|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Ed Park, author of "Personal Days," on reading during a pandemic
• Personal Days (Ed's 2008 debut novel)
• Ed's recent articles, listed on linktree
• New Work From Two Masters of the Graphic Novel - referenced in Mark's intro - by Ed Park (NYT Book Review, July 17)
• In These Elegant Comics, Love and Darkness Collide - referenced in the interview, as Mark mentions the "dark panels" (by Ed in the NYT Book Review, Feb 14). Ed also mentions his review of Grass from When George Takei Was Imprisoned in an American Internment Camp (NYT Book Review, Sept 9, 2019).
• Ed's New Yorker contributions
• Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968, now in paperback (by Ryan Walsh, edited by Ed)
• Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D. Salinger
• Martian Dawn and Other Novels, by Michael Friedman
• Devils in Daylight, by Junichiro Tanizaki
• Skeleton Crew and The Bachman Books, by Stephen King
• My Uncle Oswald, by Roald Dahl
• Delicious in Dungeon by Ryoko Kui
• They Never Forget (by Ed Park in the Village Voice, December 20, 2005): a profile of Rachel Ingalls, author of the short novel Mrs. Caliban
• Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode based on Roald Dahl's "The Man from the South"
• Twitter posts in the wake of the hack: Molly Redden, Tim Murphy, and @edsbs
• Casey and Strick: Read A Book
- - -
YOU CAN STILL DONATE TO WFMU if you want to show support for Techtonic. Thanks.
Check out techtonic.fm for recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|Ed Park, novelist and journalist, on reading during a pandemic|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with Ed Park||0:10:37 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments after the interview||0:44:40 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Jimmy Durante||The Day I Read A Book||0:48:07 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Tech news||0:48:23 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Casey & Strick||Read A Book||0:54:08 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|