|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Zoom in schools, surveillance & police, and deepfakes
• Teens Flock To New App Where They Just Enter Own Personal Data Into Form (The Onion, July 10)
• Why Is a Tech Executive Installing Security Cameras Around San Francisco? (NYT, July 10). See also Chris Gilliard's response, Dave Id's response, and Tawana Petty's response. There's more on Detroit's Project Green Light in this NYT story from 2019.
• Could This City Hold the Key to the Future of Policing in America? (NYT, July 12)
• Respeecher (modulates the user's voice to sound like someone else)
• In Event of Moon Disaster (film showing alternative history with a deepfake of President Nixon)
• Headliner Voices (you type, fake celebrities talk)
• Color of Change, a leader of the Stop Hate for Profit campaign
- - -
YOU CAN STILL DONATE TO WFMU if you want to show support for Techtonic. Thanks.
Check out techtonic.fm for recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|Zoom in schools, surveillance & police, and deepfakes - feat. DJ Paradox|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with DJ Paradox||0:13:07 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments on tech and law enforcement||0:22:27 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Deepfake feature||0:48:41 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Neil Young||My New Robot||0:55:42 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|