|View Otis Fodder's profile|
Fractured Fragmented Formatted Fodder.
August 25, 2019: You Can Sample
Over the past three decades I have been sampling for music projects. From recording to cassettes... to saving on floppy to zips... to organizing on the hard drive. Today we are going to hear those samples back-to-back for 4 hours.
Thousands of files have been sourced for future 'You Can Sample' shows. This is the first installment of 3,400 sounds.
Some quick notes on the process of collecting samples:
- In Windows 10, searched all sample folders for *.wav
- Used a tiny program, 'Bulk Rename Utility' to randomize the order of files and apply a number prefix (00000)
- Selected blocks of files in the folder (in 4 hour sets for future shows)
- Open Appended Files in Adobe Audition (and took a screenshot that appears below)
- Used another tiny program, 'JR Directory Printer' to print the directory contents of the files in the folder to a text file.
Volumes are erratic and all over the place. Hey, welcome to sample land.
Oh, and I'm listening to this for the first time today, live with you on the show! It's all random and I'm sure we will hear some funny bits colliding with one another.
Listen to this show: Pop‑up player!
|Artist||Track||Album||Label||Comments||Approx. start time|
Music behind DJ:
|Friendly Persuasion||3,400 Sounds||You Can Sample||WFMU||Click here to view the playlist||0:03:17 (Pop‑up)|