|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Pete Davis, author, "Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing"
• Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing, by Pete Davis
• Articles that helped inspire the book, posted by Pete today on Twitter
• Pete Davis at Harvard Commencement 2018 (speech that led to the book) - warning, link goes to toxic YouTube
• Web: PeteDavis.org
• Twitter: @peteddavis
• The National Association of Attorneys General posted today, Monday May 10: NAAG Urges Facebook to Abandon Plans to Develop Instagram Kids, urging Facebook “to abandon any plans to develop Instagram Kids, a new Instagram platform exclusively for children under the age of 13. The letter was signed by 44 attorneys general.”
• Joe Pug's Hymn #101 - an inspiration for Pete's book - is from Pug's debut album Nation of Heat.
- - -
Sign up to get Mark's weekly email newsletter. You can also join Mark's Creative Good community.
PAST EPISODES: techtonic.fm lists recent Techtonic shows
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|Pete Davis discusses his book "Dedicated: The Case for Commitment in an Age of Infinite Browsing."|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with Pete Davis||0:03:34 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments||0:39:06 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Joe Pug||Hymn #101||0:55:37 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|