|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Ryan Walsh, discussing the OpenAI Jukebox
About Ryan Walsh:
• Article: Do Electric Songwriters Dream Of Human Muses? (by Ryan Walsh in Stereogum, May 13): "On OpenAI JukeBox, human creativity, and the future of AI-generated music."
• Book: Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968, now in paperback
• Band: Hallelujah the Hills and their new album I'm You
• Twitter: @jahhills
• Blog: Ryan H. Walsh - Tumblr
• OpenAI Jukebox
• Jukebox sample explorer
• Soundcloud account
• Facebook Executives Shut Down Efforts to Make the Site Less Divisive (WSJ, May 26)
• The algorithmic amplifier fueling corruption in Silicon Valley, my own take on Twitter and Facebook (May 29)
- - -
YOU CAN STILL DONATE TO WFMU if you want to show support for Techtonic. Thanks.
Check out techtonic.fm for recent Techtonic interviews and Little Slice of Tech Pie segments.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|Ryan Walsh discusses OpenAI Jukebox and how AI-generated music could affect working musicians.|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with Ryan Walsh, Part 1||0:05:31 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Rock, in the style of Elvis Presley||0:11:24 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Interview with Ryan Walsh, Part 2||0:20:07 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Dream Pop, in the style of Marissa Nadler||0:20:34 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Quiz Time||0:34:06 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Pop, in the style of The Beatles||0:35:02 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Erasure||0:36:11 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Ella Fitzgerald||0:37:07 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|OpenAI Jukebox||Queen||0:38:02 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments after the interview||0:43:01 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Governor Andrew Cuomo||Press conference excerpt||0:52:03 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Hallelujah the Hills||Folk Music is Insane||0:53:02 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|