|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Gretchen Peters, executive director, the Alliance to Counter Crime Online (ACCO) and the Center for Illicit Networks and Organized Crime (CINTOC)
• counteringcrime.org - ACCO website
• cintoc.org - CINTOC website
• @GretchenSPeters - Gretchen on Twitter - see in particular this thread by Gretchen from Dec 7
• 2018 Wired article featuring Gretchen, and mentioning the exchange between Zuck and Rep. Carter mentioned in the interview
• @CounteringCrime - ACCO on Twitter
• @_CINTOC - CINTOC on Twitter
• An open letter Gretchen & team sent to State AGs about the dangerous drug problem on Facebook (TimesUnion, Feb 15, 2021)
• AdvocatingForU.com, website showing the work done by ACCO member "Advocating For You" about romance scams
• Community Substandards: Capturing the Empty Promises of Big Tech's Safety Against Online Romance Scams (Advocating For You report)
• Section 230 Reform Naysayers Ignore Clear Problems Online-and the Clear Solutions: In October, with two former Hill staffers (one D one R), Gretchen Peters published an oped about ACCO's proposal to reform Section 230.
• Proposal for Section 230 Reform by the International Center for Law & Economics
• Sign up to get Mark's weekly email newsletter. You can also join Mark's Creative Good community.
PAST EPISODES: techtonic.fm lists recent Techtonic shows.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Images||Approx. start time|
|Crime and corruption online - with Gretchen Peters from the Alliance to Counter Crime Online (ACCO)|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with Gretchen Peters||0:06:31 (MP3 | Pop-up)|
|Mark's comments||0:46:09 (MP3 | Pop-up)|
|Antipop Consortium||Technocracy||0:55:37 (MP3 | Pop-up)|