|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Paul Bradley Carr, author, 1414º
• 1414º on Indiebound
• paulbradleycarr.com, Paul's website. His newsletter signup is about halfway down the About page.
• @paulbradleycarr (Twitter)
Reposting from last week (cut for time):
• Henry Kissinger’s Last Crusade: Stopping Dangerous AI (Time magazine, Nov 5, 2021): Kissinger and his pal, former Google CEO Eric Schmidt, inform us that AI is a threat and only the world’s richest and most powerful monopolies can save us. (thx, Daniel)
• Speaking of Eric Schmidt, New York City’s mayor-elect Eric Adams was spotted with Eric Schmidt in a victory party on election night. Then he boasted to Miami’s mayor that he’ll take his first three paychecks as mayor in bitcoin. (more in Bloomberg)
• Biden’s $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Hastens Beacons For Bicyclists And Pedestrians Enabling Detection By Connected Cars: “The more likely version of the future is deeply dystopian, says transport historian Peter Norton. Only the beacon-equipped will be spotted, he fears. Those choosing - say, for economic or privacy reasons - not to fit bicycle-to-vehicle beacons will be blamed for being hit by sensor-equipped cars, believes Norton, author of Autonorama, a new book which details the potential civil liberty issues that pedestrians and cyclists may face from the roll-out of driverless vehicles.” (thx, Michael)
• Sign up to get Mark's weekly email newsletter. You can also join Mark's Creative Good community.
PAST EPISODES: techtonic.fm lists recent Techtonic shows.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Album||Label||Comments||Images||Approx. start time|
|Paul Bradley Carr, author, 1414º|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune||Machinarium Soundtrack||n/a|
|Interview with Paul Bradley Carr||0:02:24 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Mark's comments||0:44:38 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|Haroon Mirza||Technology will (en)Slave Us||Pathology in Three Parts||TakuRoku (Cafe Oto)||https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/shop/haroon-mirza-pathology-in-three-parts/||0:54:44 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|