|View Otis Fodder's profile|
The spinning styles of your Nana jamming with a cross-section of the Animal Kingdom conducted at a very wrong speed by an ordinary Kitchen Sponge who forgetfully was not wrung dry.
June 16, 2020: You Can Sample: Wave Four - A Worldwide Medley
Is that all there is? Well... if that's all there is my friends, well let's start sampling!
Over the past three decades I have been sampling for music projects. From recording to cassettes... to saving on floppy to zips... to organizing on the hard drive. Today we are going to hear those samples back-to-back for 4 hours.
This is the fourth and final installment of 2,800 sounds. Soon, I will upload all individual samples from the You Can Sample shows (+ more) for anyone to download. It's fun to share. Tune in later this year as I'll mention the link and pass it about when all is available or just visit mtlmofo.com in time.
Some quick notes on the process of collecting samples:
- In Windows 10, searched all sample folders for *.wav
- Used a tiny program, 'Bulk Rename Utility' to randomize the order of files and apply a number prefix (00000)
- Selected blocks of files in the folder (in 4 hour sets for future shows)
- Open Appended Files in Adobe Audition (and took a screenshot that appears below)
- Used another tiny program, 'JR Directory Printer' to print the directory contents of the files in the folder to a text file.
Listening to this live for the first time today, with you on the show! It's all random and I'm sure we will hear some funny bits colliding with one another.
You Can Sample (previous shows):
- Wave One : August 25, 2019
- Wave Two : November 10, 2019
- Wave Three : February 4, 2020
Listen to this show: MP3 - 128K | Pop‑up player!
|Artist||Track||Album||Label||Comments||Images||Approx. start time|
|Friendly Persuasion||2,800 Sounds||You Can Sample||WFMU||Click here to view the playlist||0:00:00 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|