|View Otis Fodder's profile|
Fractured Fragmented Formatted Fodder.
February 4, 2020: You Can Sample: Wave Three
Live Chat! Trouble Multitasking! Dancing Cats! Restlessness! Cheese Platters! Hyperactivity! NSFW OMG BYOB!
"Hey mannn, is that sample rock" ... "Well... turn, it, UP!"
Over the past three decades I have been sampling for music projects. From recording to cassettes... to saving on floppy to zips... to organizing on the hard drive. Today we are going to hear those samples back-to-back for 4 hours.
Thousands of files have been sourced for future 'You Can Sample' shows. This is the third installment of 3,300 sounds.
Some quick notes on the process of collecting samples:
- In Windows 10, searched all sample folders for *.wav
- Used a tiny program, 'Bulk Rename Utility' to randomize the order of files and apply a number prefix (00000)
- Selected blocks of files in the folder (in 4 hour sets for future shows)
- Open Appended Files in Adobe Audition (and took a screenshot that appears below)
- Used another tiny program, 'JR Directory Printer' to print the directory contents of the files in the folder to a text file.
I'm listening to this for the first time today, live with you on the show! It's all random and I'm sure we will hear some funny bits colliding with one another.
You Can Sample (previous shows):
- Wave One : August 25, 2019
- Wave Two : November 10, 2019
Listen to this show: Pop‑up player!
|Friendly Persuasion||Under 100 Sounds||You Can Introduce||WFMU|
|Friendly Persuasion||3,300 Sounds||You Can Sample||WFMU|
|Friendly Persuasion||Over With The Sounds||You Can Do Anything||WFMU|