|View Mark Hurst's profile|
Conversations with creators and thinkers who are charting the way forward in a tech-saturated society. Tech, community, video games, and whatever else is next.
Tonight: Darren Byler, author, In the Camps: China's High-Tech Penal Colony
• In the Camps: China's High-Tech Penal Colony, by Darren Byler
• Terror Capitalism: Uyghur Dispossession and Masculinity in a Chinese City - read (PDF) the book's introduction
• Darren Byler's columns at SupChina.com
• @dtbyler (Twitter)
• Amelia Pang on Techtonic, June 7, 2021. See also her book Made In China: A Prisoner, an SOS Letter, and the Hidden Cost of America's Cheap Goods, by Amelia Pang, now out in paperback.
• "Nobody cares about what's happening to the Uyghurs, okay?" - ex-Facebook exec (and co-owner of the Golden State Warriors) Chamath Palihapitiya, co-host of the All-In Podcast, Jan 15, 2022
• Video of "The Day Computers Became Obsolete" (helpfully shows lyrics)
• Sign up to get Mark's weekly email newsletter. You can also join Mark's Creative Good community.
PAST EPISODES: techtonic.fm lists recent Techtonic shows.
PODCAST: Subscribe to the Techtonic podcast
|Artist||Track||Comments||Images||Approx. start time|
|Darren Byler, author, "In the Camps: China's High-Tech Penal Colony"|
|Tomaš Dvořák||Game Boy Tune|
|Interview with Darren Byler||0:03:54 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|
|The Organizing Committee||The Day Computers Became Obsolete||https://notype.bandcamp.com/track/the-day-computers-became-obsolete||0:53:40 (MP3 | Pop‑up)|