Seen 8 (sort of)...
1. Un chien andalou -The first Buñuel film I'd seen.
4. Meshes of the Afternoon -Not the biggest fan of Maya Deren herself but this was really great.
5. Eraserhead -The first Lynch film I'd seen.
7. Pierrot le Fou -The first Godard film I'd seen as well the very first film Ryan and I watched together on the first week we met.
12. Dog Star Man -This is the 'sort of', only saw the Prelude, still need to watch it in its entirety.
15. La Jetée -Methinks I need to re-watch this soon.
16. Orpheus -One of the most incredible films i've seen so far. Cocteau, amazing.
18. Anemic Cinema. -Made this several years back... http://youtu.be/34Qwd7ALkhI
-Next film on my list is definitely Last Year At Marienbad.
Avant-garde is a term used to refer a series of manifestations that openly depart from the canons of the Status Quo. Though the eagerness to innovate can be traced through different stages of history, the emergence of Avant-garde manifestations occurred at the final stage of 19th century.